I offer a variety of business services to designers, yarn companies, and publishers. We begin with a discussion of the work over email, phone, and/or Skype. After an email recap and agreement, I prepare a statement of work (SOW) that includes a quote and timeline. When agreement is reached, the document signed, and deposit received, work begins.
Work done at the hourly rate is tracked with a timer in 15 minute intervals and includes any necessary communications back and forth after the SOW is signed. I enter all time in a spreadsheet (available on request). Communication overhead costs are built in to fixed price work.
- Classes: In addition to teaching classes for the crafter, I have developed several classes for the crafting professional. These classes have been taught in-person at TNNA and in small online group format. Get in Touch to be notified the next time a class is offered, or schedule one-on-one sessions on using Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, or Acrobat, or using Microsoft Word’s Review features to make collaborating on documents easier and faster. Fixed price.
- Content: I’ve written tutorials and articles for magazines, created content for a publisher’s newsletter, developed all my consumer class titles, descriptions and handouts, and written all the copy you see on this website. I’ve also written romance copy for patterns I’ve edited. You provide the raw materials (news topics, promotional goals, photos) and I can put words to it. Fixed price.
- Editing and Illustration: Services in this category include pattern writing, copy editing, technical editing, grading, and preparation of charts and schematics. I am happy to work with your terminology and graphics style sheet, use my own standards, or work with you to develop your own. $35/hour.
- Layout: I help designers and yarn companies publish professional-quality products. From patterns to business cards, web graphics to print ads, I can lay it all out in InDesign and generate print-ready PDFs and online .jpgs, .pngs, or other file formats. I am happy to work with your existing templates or work with you to develop them. Fixed price and hourly ($50/hr), depending on needs.
- Designing: Need a specific type of garment or project to fill a hole in your next line or issue? I love designing with constraints. Fixed price.
Get in Touch, and let’s see if my small business skills can help your small business.