3-6 class hours.
Sometimes a knitted sweater or shawl needs just a little something to really finish it. Learn the spit-n-polish crochet moves that will make your knitwear shine! Designed for those who know nothing about crochet, it is not, however, a crochet primer. But you will learn enough to make cords to tie those booties closed, join squares of that afghan, and edge a cardigan with buttonholes or loops!
Chains, slip stitches and making cords
Single and reverse single crochet (crab stitch)
Making buttonholes and button loops
Picots and other fun edges
- about 100 yds of bulky weight (3-3.5 st/inch) yarn
- US size 10 to 10 1/2 (6 to 6.5mm) knitting needles, any type or length
- US size J or K crochet hook for crochet
- US size G or H crochet hook for edging
- standard knitting kit (scissors, yarn needle, markers, etc)
MAKE 3 With knitting needles, cast on 20 sts. Keeping 1 stitch each side in Garter Stitch (knit every row), work in Stockinette Stitch until piece measures 5 inches. Bind off.